Media and Publications
- Bharam S, Hershman EB, Management of Acute Athletic Trauma, Ortho Clinics North America, July, 2002.
- Bharam S, Philippon MJ, Hip injuries in the Athlete, Clinics in Sports Medicine, April, 2006.
- Arthroscopy: Journal of Arthroscopy and Related Surgery
- Orthopaedic Reviews
- Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy
- Wert M, Seigal B, Zanck L, Philippon MJ, Bharam S: “Evaluating embolic activity during hip arthroscopy utilizing transesophageal echocardiography”, AAOS, February, 2009, Las Vegas.
- Bharam S, Philippon MJ: “Outcome in Ballet dancers with labral tears after hip arthroscopy”, AOSSM, June, 2006, Hershey.
- Bharam S, Fu, FH, Philippon MJ: “Hip arthroscopy in golfers: characteristic lesions”, AAOS, March, 2003, New Orleans.
- Bharam S, Draovitch P, Fu, FH, Philippon MJ: “Return to competition in proAthletes with traumatic labral tears of the hip”, AOSSM, June, 2002, Orlando.
- Bharam S, Yeung A, Touliopoulos S, “Biomechanical analysis of two-hole 135 degree DHS plate for stable and unstable introchanteric fractures”, OTA, October, 2000, San Antonio.
- Bharam S, Baum H, Wesley MS: “Arthroscopic bursectomy for bursitis of the elbow and the knee: A new procedure”, AAOS, February, 1999, Anaheim.
- Bharam S, Baum HI, Kummer FJ, Jahss MH: “The Evaluation of Hindfoot Fusion Techniques on Spring Ligament Forces Before and After Tibialis Posterior Tendon Rupture”, AAOS, March, 1998, New Orleans.
- Bharam S, Baum HI, Touliopoulos S, Sheskier SC: “Metatarsal Fractures: Radiographic Criteria for Nonoperative Management”, AAOS, March, 1998, New Orleans.
- Bharam S, Baum HI, Sheskier SC, Kummer FJ: “Analysis of the Kinematics and Stability of Hallux Valgus MTP Joint Correction with Capsulorrhaphy Repair”, AAOS, February, 1997, San Francisco.
- Bharam S, Spivak JM, Chen D, Kummer FJ: “Internal Fixation of Cervical Fractures Following Corpectomy and Reconstruction: The Effects of Posterior Element Injury on Stability”, AAOS, February, 1996, Atlanta.
- Koval KJ, Petraco DP, Kummer FJ, Bharam S: “A New Technique for Complex Ankle Fracture Fixation: A Clinical and Biomechanical Evaluation”, AAOS, February, 1996, Atlanta.
- Bharam S, Baum HI, Sheskier SC, Kummer FJ: “The Effects of Capsulorrhapy Technique on the Stability and Kinematics of the Hallux Valgus MTP Joint”, presented and accpeted as the Roger A. Mann Award finalist at the AOFAS, June, 1996, Hilton Head.
- Bharam S, Baum HI, Jahss MH, Kummer FJ: “The Effect of Hindfoot Fusion Techniques on Deltoid Ligament Forces Before and After Tibialis Posterior Tendon Rupture”, AOFAS, June, 1996, Hilton Head.
- Bharam S, Spivak JM, Chen D, Kummer FJ: “Biomechanical Analysis of Plating For Unstable Cervical Spine Injuries”, Eastern Student Research Forum, February, 1995, Miami.
- Bharam S, Wert M: Assessment Fluid Extravasation During Hip Arthroscopy, 15th Annual Research Symposium, Lenox Hill Hospital, May, 2009
- Bharam S: Indications for conservative treatment of tibial shaft fractures, Howard Rosen Trauma Symposium, Hospital for Joint Diseases, October, 2007.
- Bharam S: The use of Bone Stimulators for fractures, Howard Rosen Trauma Symposium, Hospital for Joint Diseases, October, 2006
- Bharam S: Indications for Arthroscopic Labral Repair of the Hip, 11th Annual Research Symposium, Lenox Hill Hospital, May 2005
- Bharam S, Philippon MJ: “Hip Arthroscopy: Indications and Complications”, Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society, November, 2001, Pittsburgh
- Bharam S, Weiner L: “The Indications for Arthroscopic-assisted Tibial Plateau Fracture Reduction”, 4th Annual Research Symposium, Lenox Hill Hospital, May, 1998.
- Gelfand J, Kromm A, Bharam S, Hershman E: “Patella Tendon Autografts for ACL Reconstruction: How Much Patella can be Safely Removed”, 3rd Annual Research Symposium, Lenox Hill Hospital, May, 1997.
- Bharam S, Koval KJ, Chen D, Kummer FJ: “Distal Femoral Fixation: A laboratory Evaluation of Three Devices”, Scientific program of the Alumni Association, Hospital For Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute, May, 1995, New York.
Article:Distal Femoral Fixation: A Laboratory Comparison Of The 95 Degrees Plate, Antegrade And Retrograde Inserted Reamed Intramedullary Nails.
Journal:Journal Of Orthopaedic Trauma
Article:A New Technique For Complex Fibula Fracture Fixation In The Elderly: A Clinical And Biomechanical Evaluation.
Journal:Journal Of Orthopaedic Trauma
Article:Internal Fixation Of Cervical Trauma Following Corpectomy And Reconstruction. The Effects Of Posterior Element Injury.
Journal:Bulletin (Hospital For Joint Diseases – New York, N.Y)
Article:Knee Fractures In The Athlete.
Journal:The Orthopedic Clinics Of North America
Article:Endoscopic Treatment Of Calcific Tendinitis Of Gluteus Medius And Minimus.
Journal:Arthroscopy: The Journal Of Arthroscopic & Related Surgery: Official Publication Of The Arthroscopy Association Of North America And The International Arthroscopy Association
Article:Clinical Evaluation of Hip Pain: Indication and Contraindications.
Journal:Operative Techniques in Orthopaedics
Article:Labral Tears, Extra-articular Injuries, And Hip Arthroscopy In The Athlete.
Journal:Clinics In Sports Medicine
Article:Diagnosis and managaement of acetabular labral tears in the athlete. International Sports Medicine Journal, 2008
Journal:International Sports Medicine Journal,
Article:Setup for Hip Arthroscopy
- Hip Injuries over Fifty.
Sports Medicine in Active Seniors. Human Kinetics. 2005
- Positioning and Setup
Arthroscopic Techniques of the Hip: A visual guide. 2009
- Hip Consultant for Australian Tennis Magazine
- Guideline author for new knotless anchor for labral repair of the hip for Smith and Nephew Endoscopy.
- Dr. Srino Bharam has been recently named as Castle Connolly Top Doc: www.castleconnolly.com/doctors
- America’s Top Orthopaedist, American Consumer Research Council, 2007
- Partners in Excellence Award, Orthopaedic Trauma Service – Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, 2000.
- Resident Award Best Paper, Fifth Annual Research Alumni Symposium, Lenox Hill Hospital, May 2000.
- Roger A. Mann Award finalist for best clinical paper, American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society 12th Annual Summer Meeting, June 1995.
- UMDNJ – New Jersey Medical School Student Research Award, November 1991.
- Dr. Srino Bharam is a hip specialist, board certified in orthopaedic surgery and obtained a subspecialty certificate in sports medicine.
- Dr. Bharam is the one of the first U.S . orthopaedic surgeons to be fellowship trained in sports related hip disorders and hip arthroscopy under world renowned hip surgeon, Dr. Marc Philippon.
- Dr. Bharam and Dr. Philippon, presented the American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine’s first clinical paper on hip arthroscopy at their annual meeting in 2002.
- Dr. Bharam has performed arthroscopic hip surgery on numerous elite athletes and professional ballet dancers.
- Visiting orthopaedic surgeons have come to NYC to observe Dr. Bharam perform arthroscopic hip surgery.
- Dr. Bharam has been invited by the Arthroscopy Association of North America to be a Master Instructor for their Hip Course at the Orthopaedic Learning Center in Rosemont, Illinois.
- Dr. Bharam has been named Director of Hip Arthroscopy and Director of Orthopaedic Research and Biomechanics Lab at Saint Vincent’s Hospital.
- Dr. Bharam conducts both clinical and laboratory hip joint research at Saint Vincent’s Hospital and has presented his research at national scientific meetings and published in numerous peer reviewed journals.
- Dr. Bharam performs the latest advanced techniques in hip arthroscopy since he started his New York City practice in 2002.
- Dr. Bharam has been able to treat femoracetabular impingement syndrome, a condition that leads to hip labral tears and cartilage breakdown with arthroscopic techniques as an ambulatory procedure that avoids traditional open surgery.
- 2011 Patients’ Choice Award Winner
- 2010 Patients’ Choice Award Winner
Get In Touch
We are happy to hear from you. Please contact us using the information below.