Srino Bharam MD, P.C.
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Srino Bharam MD,P.C.
Dr. Srino Bharam is a native of New York City. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, with subspecialty certification in sports medicine. Dr. Bharam treats orthopaedic conditions involving the upper and lower extremity with both nonoperative and operative treatment. He is a nationally recognized hip specialist. Dr Bharam was one of the first surgeons to be fellowship trained in hip arthroscopy and sports related hip disorders. He was trained by world renowned hip surgeon, Dr. Marc Philippon, at the University of Pittsburgh Center for Sports Medicine. Dr. Bharam also completed an orthopaedic trauma fellowship at Harvard Mass General Hospital. He is the head team physician for the New York Knights Rugby team and a master instructor for the Arthroscopy Association of North America. Dr. Bharam is the Director of Hip Arthroscopy and Orthopaedic Research at Saint Vincent’s Hospital, Manhatan, and an attending surgeon on the Sports Medicine Service at Lenox Hill Hospital, New York. In 2007, Dr. Bharam was listed in America’s Guide to Top Orthopaedist by the American Council of consumer research.
Dr. Bharam is an active fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and fellow of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine. He is a member of the International Association for Dance Medicine and Science and member of the International Society for Hip Arthroscopy.
Since 2001, Dr. Bharam has been routinely an instructor at national and international courses on hip arthroscopy for practicing orthopaedic surgeons. He has been a guest lecturer at numerous orthopaedic grand rounds and has made numerous presentations at national meetings. He is a prolific author and an investigator, with articles appearing in peer-reviewed journals, and he has served as guest editor for both the Orthopaedic Clinics of North America and Clinics of Sports Medicine. He was the Year 2000 recipient of the Harvard Partners in Excellence Award for Orthopaedic Trauma Service at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Areas of Interest
- Sports trauma
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Labral repair
- Femoroacetabular Impingement
- Hip Injuries
- Snapping Hip Syndrome
- Sports Hernia
- Athletic Pubalgia
- Pelvic and Acetabular Fracture
- Cartilage Injury
- Joint Preservation
- Joint Instability
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Ligament Reconstruction
- Meniscal Tears
- Knee Arthroscopy
- ACL tears
- Fracture Care
- Joint Replacement
- Physical Therapy
- BA, New York University
- MD, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School
- General Surgery, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York
Orthopaedic Surgery, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York
- Trauma, Harvard Mass General Hospital, Boston
- Sports Medicine/Hip Arthroscopy and Hip Disorders, University of Pittsburgh Center for Sports Medicine
- NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases (also US News America best hospital 2009-10)
- Attending, Sports Medicine Service, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York
- Attending, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Methodist Hospital, New York
- Roosevelt/St. Lukes Hospital
- Clinical Assistant Professor, NYU School of Medicine.
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certificate (CAQ) in Sports Medicine
- State of New York, USA
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine
- Brooklyn Orthopaedic Society
- International Dance Medicine and Science
- Society for Golf Medicine
- International Society for Hip Arthroscopy